Have you ever tasted fish soup with saffron sauce?
How many fish soups are made in Sweden with saffron spices?
Fish soup is one of Sweden’s most popular soups. It is interesting to know that laxsoppa salmon soup is not the only soup in Sweden that uses useful saffron spice in its ingredients. There is also a soup cooked with codfish and shrimp that is served with saffron sauce.
LOUISE taught you the recipes of this fish soup with saffron sauce on the nordickitchenstories website
If you are an avid fan of fish soup as well as saffron spice, we suggest that you continue with this article.
To prepare this delicious soup, we first prepare the saffron sauce. Then we talk about the recipes for fish soup.
Saffron sauce ingredients
- A few saffron strings that you bought from Rodaguldet
- 2 scoops of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 ml of olive oil
- 50 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Lemon extract
- Red pepper
- salt and pepper
How to make saffron sauce for fish soup?
- First, brew powdered saffron or Roda Guldet saffron threads(after pulverization) with boiling water.
- Season the egg yolks with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a bowl. Then add the flavored egg yolk and lemon extract.
- Add liquid oil and mix well. Note that you need to add the oil literally.
- Add brewed saffron to breadcrumbs.
- Then add the olive oil little by little and mix well.
- Taste the sauce when it thickens. If you want it to be sharper and sour, add a little lemon and red pepper.
Saffron sauce for fish soup is ready, so we go to prepare the fish soup. Stay tuned for the rest of the article with us.
Ingredients for cooking fish soup with saffron sauce
- 1 medium-size dill stalk without Fennel onion
- 1 medium-size white leek (white part)
- 150 grams of carrots
- 250 grams thin-skinned potatoes (waxy)
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 small stalk of dill
- ½ teaspoon dill seed
- 300 ml of dry white wine
- 450 ml of solid shrimp oyster extract
- 200 ml of whipped cream
- 350 grams of North Atlantic shrimp
- 500 grams of cod fillet
- 1 piece of butter
What are the steps of cooking fish soup with saffron sauce?
- First, cut the leeks, dill stalk, peeled carrots, potatoes and garlic into 1 cm squares.
- Peel the shrimp. Hold the shrimp skins to prepare the shrimp oyster extract.
- Take a 450 ml container of water. Add the shrimp skins and the solid oyster extract and let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Fry all the vegetables and dill seeds in a pan with olive oil and butter until it gets soft.
- Add white wine and let it cook over low heat.
- Add the vegetables and cream to the bowl of shrimp oyster extract and fish skin.
- After 10 to 15 minutes of cooking the vegetables with the soup extract, the soup extract is ready.
- Taste the extracts and vegetables. If you like the taste, put the extract in a bowl.
- Add cod fillets 1 cm slices and shrimp to the soup extract dish.
- Finally, garnish the fish soup with dill and saffron sauce.
Note that the quality of saffron is effective in making saffron sauce of fish soup more delicious. If you bought saffron sauce of fish from rodaguldet, be sure of the delicious taste of the sauce. Because Rodaguldet saffron is one of the organic and original saffrons.