St. Lucia Day lussekatte bread recipe with golden saffron spice
In his report, ELISE BAUER discusses Lucia Day and the recipe for S-shaped lussekatte saffron bread. Join us to learn how to make lussekatte saffron bread.
Lussekatte bread is cooked on St. Lucia Day in Sweden. This celebration, also known as the celebration of light, is held on December 13 every year. For this day, young girls wear white clothes and red ribbons around their waists. They decorate their hair with candles or strands of light. In the morning of St. Lucia, the older daughter of the house serves her parents with a basket of lussekatte saffron bread and coffee.
In the following, we will learn the recipe for baking delicious lussekatte bread with saffron, the most expensive spice in the world. Note: It is important to use the finest saffron stalks in the excellent baking of lussekatte bread. You can make more delicious saffron bread by buying high quality rodaguldet saffron.
Lucia Day’s S Shaped Bread Ingredients:
- ¾cup of milk
- ½ teaspoon rodaguldet saffron stalk
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- ¼ ounces of active dry yeast
- 3 and ½ or 4 scoops of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Three powdered cardamom seeds
- ¼ a scoop of butter
- ¼ a scoop of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Raisins to decorate bread
Follow the steps below to bake saffron bread.
1. Break the eggs and beat well.
2. Pour the milk into a bowl, add saffron and sugar. Let it warm up. When the milk starts to evaporate, get the container from the oven and let it cool.
3. Add yeast to warm milk containing saffron and dissolved sugar. It should foam after 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Take another bowl and mix 3 and ½ scoops of flour, sugar, salt and powdered cardamom in it.
5. Add the mixture of puffed milk and yeast in the middle of the flour. Stir the mixture with Stirring machine until it is completely mixed.
6. While stirring, add the rest of the sugar little by little. Continue stirring until the dough sticks to the stirring machine.
7. Roll out the dough. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Leave the dough in a warm place for an hour or two to double its volume. Dip your finger into the dough to make sure the dough is ready. If it does not return to its original state very quickly, it indicates that the dough is ready.
8. Knead the dough several times when it gets ready. Then divide the dough into 60-70 grams balls. Make every ball s shaped like the picture.
9. Wrap all shaped doughs with plastic. Leave them in a warm place for 30 minutes to 1 hour to increase their volume.
10. Then rub the beaten egg on the bread dough and decorate with raisins.
11. Preheat the oven to 205 ° C.
12. Put the dough in the oven for 10-11 minutes to cook.
Tip: Move the breads in minute 6 so that all parts are cooked well.
13. After removing the breads from the oven, leave for 5 minutes to cool.
lussekatte bread recipe with golden saffron spice
The lussekatte bread that you made with saffron, the most golden spice in the world, is ready to serve.
If you bake saffron bread on occasions other than Lucia’s day, we suggest you also buy saffron teas from rodaguldet and treat yourself with expensive saffron bread and teas.
If you need advice on buying saffron or original rodaguldet saffron tea bag, you can call the following number.